Clutch rebuild

Use this forum for general chat relating to G-Series twin cam engines...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob, Spaminator

tuffTE
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Clutch rebuild

Post by tuffTE »

hey,
was wondering if anyone knows of a place that can do a good rebuild of a clutch for me (doesnt have to be in WA) or if they can even be rebuilt?
I rang a guy the other day and he basicly told me to throw it in the bin but i was 90% sure they could be rebuilt and it was quite a expensive setup when i bought it so would really like the rebuild option.

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Post by Poida »

Standard clutches are often rebuilt in batches. A single, one off rebuild is more costly and something like that one is going to cost a fair bit more. Looking at your clutch plate, I'm presuming the pressure plate is also modified (not standard) so unless a conpany has the required components to build on the shelf it isn't going to be viable. Such high performance clutches would probably be single use anyway. Race clutch parts are never designed to be rebuilt.

Bradlze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bradlze »

theres an awesome lil place in ozzy park if your interested i can try and find the phone number if you want
by why you wanting to rebuild the clutch why not just buy another one?

tuffTE
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by tuffTE »

that would be great man if u could get me that phone number.
It's just when i bought the clutch it was very very expensive and if rebuilding it is a cheaper option then i thought it might be worth looking into be4 throwin away more $ that may be able to be saved and spent on other area's of the car.
thanks again

Bradlze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bradlze »

you are just wanting the clutch plate right not the pressure plate??
arnt the clucthes the same as the gemini..? because then they should just be excedy items..?
but i dont see why it would be that expensive im pretty sure i paid
440 for a 4 puck clutch like that one the pressure plate rebuilt to 1.5 tonnes i think..? and flywheel reground and a spigot bearing
and thats for a 4zd1

GeminiCoupe
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Yes the clutches/flywheel are the same as Gemini ones. Just be carefull because if you have a G200W youll need a G200 clutch.

Nick-
Project One - 1976 TX Gemini Coupe G200z Turbo
Daily - S15 200SX, 13.29 @ 107mph

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

How much bite do you really need? Extreme Clutches have plenty of bite from my experience - how much power does the car have? An Extreme Clutch would probably be around the $200 mark...
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

tuffTE
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by tuffTE »

oh well thanks for all the comments guys but it seems i am out of luck and will have to buy another 1. Will have to give excedy a call.
How much bite do you really need?
Basicly dude the gem is my project car and i have a everyday driver so i dont mind having somthin with a fair bit of bite when i wanna go have some fun cause i wont be drivin it every day. Also i liked the feel of this 1 and would look at a replacement around this sorta spec. + in the future i as look'n at going in the turbo direction so would like to do it properly now rather than do it in halfs and go again later.